Zara Charity is a non profit organization founded in the year 2009 with certificate number 00NGO/00003212 registered under the organization Art of United Republic of Tanzania. Zara Charity was founded by Ms Zainab Ansell the director of Zara Tanzania Adventure who initiated a global movement of sustainable tourism and giving back to the community through the network of travel industry partners, organizations, travellers and global citizens who are interested in reaching out and supporting the vulnerable groups in Tanzania.
- To unite the world long term volunteers with various projects supported by Zara Charity.
- To enhance community economic development
- To improve women economic performance
- To improve living condition for special group such as women and children.
- Social needs
- Educational needs
- Environmental conservation and sustainability
- Employment creation
- Improving working and living conditions for the porters who climb Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru
- To ensure local community development and sustainability
- To support disadvantaged groups within the community such as women, orphans and poor people by providing them with basic needs such as food, shelter, education and etc.
- To link our projects with international donors
- To ensure environmental conservation and sustainability